top of page

Group

Public·37 members
Youness El Basraoui
Youness El Basraoui

Rhel-server-6.4-i386-dvd.iso Free Download

Rhel-server-6.4-i386-dvd.iso Free Download

If you are looking for a free download of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.4 installation DVD for 32-bit x86 systems, you have come to the right place. In this article, I will show you how to obtain the RHEL 6.4 ISO image file from the official Red Hat website and how to verify its integrity.

DOWNLOAD: https://urlgoal.com/2w4si2

What is RHEL 6.4?

RHEL 6.4 is the fourth update of the sixth major release of RHEL, a Linux-based operating system developed by Red Hat. RHEL 6.4 was released on February 21, 2013 and introduced several enhancements and bug fixes, such as improved virtualization support, security updates, and new hardware drivers. RHEL 6.4 is compatible with the x86_64 (64-bit), i386 (32-bit), ppc64 (PowerPC 64-bit), and s390x (System z) architectures.

Why download RHEL 6.4?

RHEL 6.4 is a stable and secure operating system that offers a variety of features and benefits for different use cases, such as:

• Server: RHEL 6.4 provides a reliable and scalable platform for running mission-critical applications and services, such as web servers, database servers, mail servers, file servers, and more.

• Workstation: RHEL 6.4 offers a rich and user-friendly desktop environment for developers and power users, with access to thousands of software packages and tools.

• Cloud: RHEL 6.4 enables you to deploy and manage your applications and data in public or private cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, and VMware.

• Container: RHEL 6.4 supports the development and deployment of containerized applications using Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI), which is a minimal and secure base image derived from RHEL.

• SAP: RHEL 6.4 offers tailored packages and optimizations for running SAP workloads, such as SAP S/4HANA and SAP HANA platform.

How to download RHEL 6.4?

To download RHEL 6.4, you need to have a Red Hat subscription or a free evaluation subscription, which you can obtain from the [Software & Download Center] that is part of the [Red Hat Customer Portal]. Once you have a subscription, follow these steps to download the RHEL 6.4 ISO image file:

• Visit the [Customer Portal] and log in with your account credentials.

• Click DOWNLOADS at the top of the page.

• Click Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

• Select the appropriate Product Variant, Version and Architecture for your installation target. For this article, we will select Server , 6.4 , and i386 .

• A list of available downloads is displayed; most notably, a minimal Boot ISO image and a full installation Binary DVD ISO image. The Boot ISO is a minimal boot image which only contains the installer and requires a source to install packages from (such as an HTTP or FTP server). The Binary DVD download contains both the installer and necessary packages, and therefore requires less setup.

• For this article, we will download the Binary DVD ISO image file, which is named rhel-server-6.4-i386-dvd.iso . Click Download Now to start the download process.

• Save the ISO image file to your preferred location on your computer.

How to verify RHEL 6.4?

After downloading the RHEL 6.4 ISO image file, it is recommended that you verify its integrity using a checksum tool, such as sha256sum . A checksum is a unique string that is generated from the contents of a file and can be used to detect any corruption or tampering of the file. The official checksums for all RHEL ISO image files are available on the [Customer Portal] under the CHECKSUMS tab. To verify the RHEL 6.4 ISO image file, follow these steps:

• Open a terminal window and navigate to the directory where you saved the ISO image file.

• Run the following command to generate the checksum of the ISO image file: sha256sum rhel-server-6.4-i386-dvd.iso

• Compare the output of the command with the official checksum provided on the [Customer Portal]. If they match, then the ISO image file is valid and can be used for installation. If they do not match, then the ISO image file is corrupted or tampered with and should be downloaded again.

Alternatively, you can also use the installation program to verify the media when starting the installation; see [Verifying Boot Media] for details.

Conclusion

In this article, I have shown you how to download and verify the RHEL 6.4 installation DVD for 32-bit x86 systems. RHEL 6.4 is a stable and secure operating system that offers a variety of features and benefits for different use cases. If you want to learn more about RHEL 6.4, you can visit the [RHEL 6 Documentation] page or the [RHEL 6 Product Page].

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page